Friday, July 27, 2018, 2:00 PM - Saturday, July 28, 2018, 4:30 PM
Location: Sheraton Roanoke Hotel and Conference Center, 2801 Hershberger Rd. NW, Roanoke, VA US 24017
Room Rates for overnight lodging - Our room rate at the Sheraton Roanoke is $109 per night (includes a breakfast voucher). To reserve a room call 800-325-3535 and tell them you are with the Southeastern District Conference group.
The presenter will be Rev. Greg Finke author of Joining Jesus of His Mission.
We have four sessions of workshops, a devotional art center, and a program for children and youth.
This year our participants will have the opportunity to go deeper in the following subject areas:
- Joining Jesus On His Mission – Greg Finke will lead in-depth sessions on how to become a neighborhood missionary.
- Spiritual Conversations in a Digital Age – Tony Cook introduces the Lutheran Hour Ministries new series in connecting with people through conversations of grace.
- Social Media Outreach – Peter Frank from Concordia Technology Solutions will help participants look at the growing importance of a social media presence and what it means to be a Gospel presence on line.
- Devotional Art 1,2,3 – Belinda Bost will lead sessions that take us from personal devotional life to congregational small groups to outreach in the neighborhood through Devotional Art. We have a dedicated room open extended hours for our visual faith friends to be able create, learn, and spend uninterrupted time on their personal journals, Bibles, and projects. Read more on the Devotional Art page
- Sunday School – not a dinosaur – Partnering with Concordia Publishing Company, Anna Johnson will lead three sessions focused on the importance of Sunday school for the church community, preparing volunteers, curriculum, and the outreach factor!
This is an exciting event with many opportunities to grow, practice sharing faith, and celebrate being sent by God to join Jesus on His mission.
We will be at the Sheraton Roanoke Hotel and Conference Center in Roanoke VA.
Friday July 27
12:30 pm Registration opens
2:00 pm Workshop Session 1
Greg Finke – The Mission Mindset for Joining Jesus on His Mission
Anna Johnson – Sunday School Programs Focused on biblical literacy
Tony Cook – Evangelism 25 Years Later
Belinda Bost – Devotional Art and My Devotional Life
Peter Frank – Technology & Ministry part 1
Devotional Art Center – open until 10 pm
Children’s Program – until 9:00 pm
Teen Program – until 9:00 pm
3:15 pm Break
3:30 pm Workshop Session 2
Greg Finke – The Missing Ingredient for Joining Jesus on His Mission
Anna Johnson-Sunday School Programs Focused on biblical literacy - part II
Tony Cook – The State of Evangelism Today
Belinda Bost – Devotional Art Calls the Congregation to New Experiences in Word, Prayer, and Community.
Peter Frank – Technology & Ministry part 2
4:45 pm Dinner Break on own
7:00 pm General Session I - Welcome, Worship, President John Denninger – speaker
9:00 pm Ice Cream Social
9:00 pm Teen Session ends
10:00 pm Devotional Art Center closes for the day
Saturday, July 28
8:50 am Devotional Art Center open until 4:15 pm
Children’s Program - until 4:15 pm with a lunch break 12:15 pm – 1:15 pm
Teen Program - until 4:15 pm with a lunch break 12:15 pm – 1:15 pm
9:00 am General Session II
Greg Finke – Let Your Mission Adventure with Jesus Begin
10:45 am Workshops Session 3
Greg Finke – Supporting a Lifestyle of Joining Jesus on His Mission
Anna Johnson - Sunday School Programs Focused on biblical literacy - part III
Tony Cook- The Good Evangelist
Belinda Bost – Devotional Art as Neighborhood Mission
Peter Frank – Technology & Ministry 3
12:15 pm Lunch
1:30 pm Workshop Session 4
Yared Halche: Bonding with My Neighbor, Building Bridges in the Neighborhood
Bill Seaman: Learning About Generational Thinking About God, Faith, Religion, and Church
Don Schaefer: Engaging Neighbors Through Acts of Compassion and Mercy
Sally Hiller: Sharing Jesus through Prayer Walking and Other Neighborhood Activities.
Travis Guse: Sharing the Good News by Coaching for Discipleship
2:30 pm Break
3:00 pm General Session III
Greg Finke -Let Your Mission Adventures with Jesus Begin! part 2
3:45 pm Closing Devotion
4:15 pm Conference and all programs end