Friday, July 27, 2018, 2:00 PM - Saturday, July 28, 2018, 4:00 PM
Location: Sheraton Roanoke Hotel and Conference Center, 2801 Hershberger Rd. NW, Roanoke, VA US 24017
Cost: : $100.00, : $125.00, Children: $45.00, Teens: $50.00
The SED summer outreach conference (formerly Tending the Flame)
New Location, we are in Roanoke Virginia at the Sheraton - room reservations will open June 1 - the group rate for rooms is $109 plus tax.
The presenter will be Rev. Greg Finke author of Joining Jesus of His Mission.
We have four sessions of workshops, a devotional art center, and a program for children and youth.
This year our participants will have the opportunity to go deeper in the following subject areas:
- Joining Jesus On His Mission – Greg Finke will lead in-depth sessions on how to become a neighborhood missionary.
- Spiritual Conversations in a Digital Age – Tony Cook introduces the Lutheran Hour Ministries new series in connecting with people through conversations of grace.
- Social Media Outreach – Peter Frank from Concordia Technology Solutions will help participants look at the growing importance of a social media presence and what it means to be a Gospel presence on line.
- Devotional Art 1,2,3 – Belinda Bost will lead sessions that take us from personal devotional life to congregational small groups to outreach in the neighborhood through Devotional Art.
- Sunday School – not a dinosaur – Partnering with Concordia Publishing Company, these sessions will focus on the importance of Sunday school for the church community, preparing volunteers, curriculum, and the outreach factor!
This is an exciting event with many opportunities to grow, practice sharing faith, and celebrate being sent by God to join Jesus on His mission.
We will be at the Sheraton Roanoke Hotel and Conference Center in Roanoke VA.
Friday July 27
11:00 am registration
2:30 pm General Session 1 – welcome, Greg Finke
4:00 pm Workshops – session 1
5:15 pm Dinner Break
7:00 pm General Session 2 with Greg Finke
9:00 pm Evening Prayers
Saturday, July 28
9:00 am Workshops 2
11:00 am Workshops 3
12:15 pm Lunch
1:30 pm Workshop 4
3:00 pm General Session 4 – Greg Finke, wrap-up
4:00 pm Closing
Children's program, Youth program and devotional art will all follow a similar schedule.