Monday, October 15, 2018, 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
This fall the professional church workers of the Southeastern District have an opportunity to attend a Regional Church Workers Conference in two areas.
Monday, October 15th North - The Lutheran Church of St. Andrew, Silver Spring MD
Tuesday, October 16th South - Resurrection Lutheran Church, Cary NC
Presenter: Rev. Dr. Peter Mueller
Executive Director, Center of Applied Lutheran Leadership, Concordia University Portland
We are delighted to welcome Rev. Dr. Peter Mueller, Executive Director for the Center of Applied Lutheran Leadership at Concordia University Portland. He is the driving force behind the Mission Training Center, equipping mission-hearted people for service in the church. Paul’s knowledge and life experience (as a missionary in Liberia, the Regional Director – Africa, missions professor at Concordia, St. Paul, Minnesota, and Associate LINC Director – Twin Cities) prepare him to speak expertly and practically on this topic.
The phrase “equipping the saints” is often used as one of the most important tasks of a pastor or commissioned worker. As we seek to shape the people of our congregations to live out their baptismal vocation in many different settings, it’s important to ask ourselves some questions:
- What are the behaviors of an equipped member of the of the body of Christ?
- How do we actually go do this work of equipping?
- How do we go about equipping an entire congregation of people who are at various places in their spiritual development?
- What are the signals that equipping is happening in the life of a follower of Jesus?
- If my entire ministry became known as one that was effective in equipping people, what are some specific actions I would have taken at an earlier time?
- If I was to develop a plan of action to ensure the people of my congregation were equipped for their respective ministries, what might be my first step?
Conference registration fee is $50
Silver Spring MD: 9:30 AM - 3:30 PM (Doors open at 9:00 AM)
Cary NC: 9:00 AM - 3:00 PM (Doors open at 8:30 AM)