Thursday, January 23, 2020 - Saturday, January 25, 2020
Location: Crown Reef Resort, 2913 South Ocean Boulevard, Myrtle Beach, SC US 29577
This Disaster Response Conference & Training
January 23-25, 2020 - Myrtle Beach, SC
Training people and teams a variety of ways to respond in times of disaster.
- preparation before the storm
- building your team
- immediate response after the storm
- long term rebuilding
Have you ever volunteered in response to a disaster? Want to know how your church can get involved in disaster response ministry? Looking for practical training and instruction?
Join us in beautiful Myrtle Beach for two exciting days (and an optional half-day) of practical training sessions, reports from the field, enjoyable fellowship, inspiring first-hand ministry stories, and information on upcoming service opportunities!
Plenary Sessions: Intro to Southeastern District Disaster Response;Stories from Matthew & Florence; Where’s God in Disasters?; LCMS Disaster Response Overview; Partnering with Government Agencies; The Power of Debriefing; From Devastation to Hope (Impact Stories); Outreach Ministry Through Disaster Response; Models for Congregational Involvement; Opportunities to Serve/Train in 2020.
- Crown Reef Resort Waterpark & Conference Center
- 2918 South Ocean Boulevard, Myrtle Beach, South Carolina 29577
- use group name “Southeastern District LCMS” and code 508115
- rooms & suites are from $73- $90/night
- group rate cut-off date: 12/27/19
- $50 (includes Thursday dinner)
- register on the disaster response page of the Southeastern District website at http://events.r20.constantcontact.com/register/event?oeidk=a07eger5ayl39ff6a52&llr=o6wqbicab
- begins Thursday 1:00PM, concludes Friday 5:15 PM
(optional) Saturday half-day session concludes 12:00 PM