Resources for families coping with Covid 19
Daily Life and Coping - CDC guidance and resources for your home, your family, your pets, when running errands, etc,
Outbreaks can be stressfull: The outbreak of coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) may be stressful for people. Fear and anxiety about a disease can be overwhelming and cause strong emotions in adults and children. Coping with stress will make you, the people you care about, and your community stronger. (CDC link)
Dr. Mary Manz Simon - a short video of a prayer for your children for this time. Dr. Dr. Mary Manz Simon is a parenting specialist, consultant and speaker whose books have sold more than a million copies.
How to do Family Devotions - Chaplain Daenzer shares ideas for how to do devotions as a family, whether in a time of "shelter at home" or not.
LCMS Family Altar - a printable page from CPH
Concordia Publishing House -For Home: Guide Learning Beyond The Classroom: Christ’s love and message can be overshadowed amid nervousness, uncertainty, and distress. Show families how they can draw closer to Him during these times with devotional material to re-center on Christ while at home. These are downloadable resources for home use and they are continually adding new resources. They include Family Time Devotions, projects for children and range from Adult to Early Childhood.
Facebook Bible Studies and connections– these are just a few of our churches doing bible study through out the week. Throughout the District we have teachers reading books online to students, Pastors and DCE's doing Bible Studies on FB Live. Check out what other churches in your area are doing by looking and following their Facebook pages. We will continue to update and change the links below so check back often.
- Hope Lutheran Church in Wake forest is holding a Zoom Party to connect with all 1st and 2nd graders on one day, 3rd & 4th graders the next. etc. https://www.facebook.com/events/355862291960246/
- Daily Devtions at Home Wake Forest NC -https://www.facebook.com/HopeLutheranWF/videos/3031262570239820/
- Redeemer in Catawba, NC has twice weekly sessions of church members reading Bible stories for the kids.https://www.facebook.com/RedeemerCatawba/?__tn__=%2Cd%2CP-R&eid=ARDwhIAnYq5IIymU7n0qtBrdp8EEBG3Ve9_eTFPgDLGsvIZC3C7r4DPnfS_4JL8fsrcWLjnQBeQvY6dE; Look under videos, Kids Time.
- St. John’s in Conover, NC is scheduling virtual youth group meetings. See 03/26/2020 post.https://www.facebook.com/pg/stjohnsconover/posts/?ref=page_internal
- Fountain of Life in Kernersville, NC has a web page just for COVID-19 info. It has info on a new Grocery Outreach effort, sign up for private communion appointments, resources for kids from the Sunday School Coordinator - Week 1 Challenge, build a fort and post a photo!, also online Elder Prayer Outreach.https://www.facebook.com/CometotheFountainKernersville/;https://cometothefountain.com/covid19/