SED Coaching Network
The SED Coaching Network is an association of certified coaches within the Southeastern District who are committed to connecting with pastors, church workers and lay people through coaching in order to empower them for greater Kingdom impact in their daily callings of life.
To this end the SED Coaching Network seeks to:
1) To promote a culture of coaching throughout the SED and in member congregations for discipleship empowerment, spiritual growth and organizational development.
2) To provide coaching support to pastors, church workers, congregational leaders and the Priesthood of All Believers to discover and more effectively live out their calling in Christ.
3) To coach God’s people around our district’s iNeighborhood initiative to more intentionally connect with their neighbors wherever they live, work and play in order to connect people to Jesus.
4) To multiply discipleship coaches within SED congregations for greater vocational discipleship in order to empower God’s people to discover and live out who they have be created and redeemed them to be in Christ.
5) To encourage and support one another in our coaching ministries, that we would grow in our knowledge and proficiency as coaches for the sake of Christ and His Kingdom.
What is coaching?
Here in the SED Coaching Network we view coaching as a client directed process that empowers individuals and ministries to discover the best of who God has created and redeemed them to be in Christ, and then determine the best path forward in living that calling out. A coach serves as a creative think partner, helping you process the goals and visions that not only you have for your life and ministry, but the goals and visions that God has as well. A coach will never tell you what to do, but rather through deep listening and asking powerful questions, seeks to empower you in determining your own solutions and designing action steps. Coaching is perfect for those times of transition in life, moving from what was, to discovering what could be. Sometimes in order to see God’s visions for our lives and ministries become a reality, we need someone who is in our corner, providing encouragement, support and accountability along the way.
If you have any questions to see if coaching is right for you or you would like to connect with a coach to begin that journey that you sense God is calling you to please contact Travis Guse, the Mission Engagement Facilitator for the SED central region, at .
Meet the Coaches - click for their bio's and contact information