The Southeastern District is currently blessed with five working Comfort Dogs:
- Amos is at Our Savior's Way in Ashburn, Virginia.
- Kezia is at Emmanuel Lutheran Church in Catonsville, Maryland.
- Seth is at Eternal Shepherd Lutheran Church in Seneca, South Carolina.
- Zoara can be found at Island Lutheran in Hilton Head, South Carolina.
- Solomon is at King of Glory in Williamsburg, Virginia.
To follow their story or to contact the trainers for a visit etc. click on their names to activate a link to their Facebook pages; you will find contact information there.
About LCC Comfort Dogs: Launched in August 2008, the Lutheran Church Charities K-9 Comfort Dog Ministry is a national human-care ministry embracing the unique, calming nature and skills of purebred Golden Retrievers. The LCC K-9 Comfort Dogs are a bridge for compassionate ministry, opening doors for conversation about faith and creating opportunities to share the mercy, compassion, presence and proclamation of Jesus Christ.
LCC K-9 Comfort Dogs are working animals, trained to interact with people of all ages and circumstances who are suffering and in need.
- The dogs participate in scheduled and special events.
- Dogs are permanently placed with churches, schools and other ministries
- Permanent placement includes full training for handlers and caregivers along with ongoing support, coaching and training.
- Comfort Dogs serve every day in the community in which they are placed and are dispatched in times of disaster and crisis to bring comfort to all those affected, including first responders and the volunteers who serve them.