The Southeastern District commits all its resources and expertise to assist congregations in reaching their neighbors with the Gospel message. The Southeastern District is blessed with opportunities to establish new missional communities throughout the Northern Region of the District. A Facilitator for Mission Engagement brings a unique opportunity to focus on engaging congregations and members to ignite their communities with the Gospel of Jesus Christ and will provide the needed support to respond and move forward in reaching 32,000,000 people of our neighborhoods. The Facilitator may be a rostered church worker or lay person who is a member in good standing in a congregation of Lutheran Church –Missouri Synod. The Facilitator will have church planting and outreach experience. While this is a deployed position, the Facilitator will need to live in Maryland, west of the Chesapeake Bay. We are anticipating a January 2020 start date.
Working with and among congregations, professional workers, new missions and ministries, the Facilitator for Mission Engagement is responsible for furthering the SED’s vision of reaching new zip codes and establishing new neighborhood ministries by:
- Encouraging the development of new communities of faith
- Focusing engagement with congregations and small groups within the iNeighborhood initiative and establishing outreach in new zip codes
- Partnering with existing congregations and church workers who have a welcoming heart and ready space to share with an emerging community of faith
- Identifying and preparing leaders for ministry
- Developing a network of volunteers to resource mission
- Seeking resources to support mission advancement
- The Facilitator will report directly to the Executive for Congregational Outreach.
- The Facilitator works in concert with the District President and other District Staff to develop a spirit of team ministry.
- The policies of the Personnel Manual of the Southeastern District apply to the Facilitator.
- The current position will be reviewed annually and revised as necessary in consultation with the District President and Executive for Congregational Outreach.
Application for Facilitator for Mission Engagement - Northern Region
Nominations and applications may be sent to Deaconess Sally J. Hiller, Executive for Congregational Outreach. ( )