Lutheran Schools promote Gospel outreach, foster relationships, and exemplify excellence in Christ-centered education to families in a constantly changing world.
2021 Southeastern District Lutheran Schools Week - March 7 - 13, 2021
The 2021 theme is Sent to Serve - Matthew 20:28 - The Son of Man came not to be served but to serve, and to give life as a ransom for many.
National Lutheran Schools Week provides more than 1,900 preschools, elementary schools and high schools with the public opportunity to proclaim and celebrate God’s work among us in schools of The Lutheran Church—Missouri Synod. The National Lutheran Schools week set by the LCMS is Jan 24 - 30, 2021. The Southeastern historically has celebrated Lutheran Schools Week in March.
We thank God for the opportunity to provide excellent academic preparation for the children we serve. We are most grateful for the opportunity to share Jesus’ amazing love with children and their families. National Lutheran Schools Week gives us an opportunity to proclaim these great blessings within the communities we serve.
- Lutheran Schools (EC-12th) are able to sustain full enrollment and funding to support the program.
- Gospel-centered Lutheran schools are the schools of choice in their community.
- All staff of Lutheran schools exhibit a Christian lifestyle, meet or exceed state standards and participate in continued growth opportunities, including spiritual.
- Lutheran schools are on the cutting edge of use of technology.
- Lutheran schools embrace the diversity of their communities.
Regular events for District schools and early childhood programs are offered in the SED. They include:
· SEDLEC -fall educators conference - with speakers and workshop sessions and anniversary celebrations
· SEDLAC - School administrations conference - for school and early childhood program administrators. Held in February.
· Early Childhood Leaders Conference - held annually, usually in March.
eRate Program, LLC - Every public and private school in America is entitled to their share of the $2.2 billion erate fund every year. eRate is a consulting service that can help you with the process of receiving these funds.Visit their website for more information and current forms.
Form 5578 - Certification for Racial Nondiscrimination
LuthEd - the LCMS school portal for resources and information. You will find links to National Lutheran Schools Week, School Leadership Development (SLED), Form 5578, NLSA, Church Worker Update (CWU), Commissioned Minister Information Form (CMIF), and Statistical Reports.
Protect My Ministry - background screening
LCMS School Ministry - from this page click the tabs under resources for the following information -
National Lutheran School Accreditation (NLSA)- a process of self-evaluation followed by a visit of objective observers designed to help Lutheran schools improve the quality of their program. Currently this information in on the Lutheran School portal and it is password protected.