SED APP - Sign up for the SED APP to receive notifications, information, and resources. This is a place also to share your resources or questions with others.
The Celebration of Holy Communion During Pademic - A resource written by Rev. Dr. Mike Ramey, Intentional Interim Pastor at Our Savior's Way Lutheran Church, Ashburn VA.
President Denninger's Letter (May 18, 2020) The big question – When are you going back for your first worship service? I’m hearing two opposite emotions as churches make decisions about re-opening their doors for worship. Some are excited while others are anxious.
President Denninger's Letter (May 13, 2020) - State by state guidance for gatherings and meetings
Church Music in the Age of COVID-19 - Wisconsin Council of Churches the describes making plans for music that continues the “long history of music that soothes and inspires the soul while keeping parishioners reasonably safe” during this time.
The Ready to Reopen Church Checklist - (a PDF resource) Simple tasks that equip you to thrive.
Re-opening the SED Office (May 10, 2020)
Blog Post from Michigan District on lessons learned from Nehemiah as we plan to once again gather in our churches.
PCW Encouragement Group: Encourage your church workers - pastor, DCE, or Deaconess, Lay Minister, etc. and to attend this group to receive encouragement and support during COVID on Mondays at 12pm. Sign up at https://form.jotform.com/200995438419162
Organizing Neighborhood Ministry - a blog on the creative ways God’s people are caring for their neighbors during this time of self-quarantine and social distancing.
Face Mask Instructions - to make fabric face masks
Partners in Ministry - links to resources from other Lutheran organizations
4 Key Issues to Consider During a Pandemic - Richard Hammar, senior editor of Church Law and Tax, and an annual presenter at the LCMS Business Managers meeting who brings updates on legislation and law that most impacts our work. He is joined content editor Matthew Branaugh to discuss four issues churches need to be aware of during the COVID-19 pandemic. He has prepared a 10-minute video identifying
Pandemic Influenza - Personnel and Office Procedures
The CDC - the COVID-19 Coronavirus is a rapidly evolving situation and the CDC will keep updating information as it becomes available on their website.
It is important to follow the council of the local and state government. For the welfare and safety of residents, the decision to close programs that bring together groups of people, then that must be respected.
State Department of Health links for the states in the Southeastern District
- North Carolina Department of Health. https://www.ncdhhs.gov/divisions/public-health/coronavirus-disease-2019-covid-19-response-north-carolina
- South Carolina Department of Health https://www.scdhec.gov/health/infectious-diseases/viruses/coronavirus-disease-2019-covid-19
- District of Columbia Department of Health https://coronavirus.dc.gov/
- Maryland Department of Health https://phpa.health.maryland.gov/Pages/Novel-coronavirus.aspx
- Virginia Department of Health http://www.vdh.virginia.gov/surveillance-and-investigation/novel-coronavirus/
- Delaware Department of Health https://www.dhss.delaware.gov/dhss/dph/epi/2019novelcoronavirus.html
- Pennsylvania Department of Health.https://www.health.pa.gov/topics/disease/Pages/Coronavirus.aspx