In the Fall of 2016 President Denninger launched the SED Worker Care Team, a group of SED professionals, made up of ordained, commissioned, and lay workers, whose task it is to promote the health and care of church workers and their families in the Southeastern District.
The areas of responsibility for the SED Worker Care Team include
- Identifying, developing and recommending to the President and congregations policies advocating and promoting a sense of wholeness and well-being for workers and their families.
- Analyzing the needs of professional workers and their families.
- Engaging professional workers to consider the high moral and ethical standards necessary in their daily lives and in performance of their duties.
- Assisting congregations and professional workers in the activity of evaluating mutual ministry.
- Assisting the President, District Staff and Circuit Visitors in referring workers to professional help in times of crisis.
- Partnering with parallel groups and adapting helpful insights and discoveries toward the continuing improvement of quality care for workers.
CARE Connections Resources
Sabbatical Guidelines and Resources
Self Care Plan
Congregation - Staff Care Team
Retirement Readiness for Pastors
LCMS Worker Care resources
Taxes and Ministers - A synodical resource of tax issues for ordained and commissioned workers. You may need to scroll down the page to reach the link
Other Useful Links:
- Coach Advance - Personal coaching for enriching your walk with God.
- Doxology - The Lutheran Center for Spiritual Care and Counsel, which offers advanced study retreats for strengthening pastors.
- Grace Place - Retreats, wellness weekends, and workshops for pastors, church workers and their spouses.
- Shepherd's Canyon - 8 day retreats for individual, couple, and group Christian counseling for all professional church workers and their families.
- Ministry Sabbatical Resources - Planning, policy development, and research on why sabbaticals are helpful to ministers and ministries.
For additional information on the SED Worker Care Team, please email the team at SED Care team. Follow the Worker Care Team on Facebook
The SED Worker Care Team Members - read the bio's of the team at this link.
Stephanie Guelzow -Teacher, Concordia Christian Day School, Conover, NC
Ann Teske - Lay Leader and Spouse, Grace, Woodbridge, VA
Kevin Martin - Senior Pastor, Our Savior, Raleigh, NC
Stacey Crosson - Minister of Care and Outreach, Prince of Peace, Springfield, VA
Jack Meehan - Senior Pastor, St. John’s, Alexandria, VA
Mezmur Zemichael - Minister of Outreach, Prince of Peace, Springfield, VA
Holly Borrasso - Redeemer Lutheran Church, Parkton, MD
Shawn Maassel - Director of Christian Education, First Lutheran Church Huntingtown, MD